Thursday 25 April 2013

House Mouse Fun

Where has the time gone recently?  I have been busy making samples for Joanna Sheen's new Triple House Mouse CD, which is adorable and sure to be a sell out, and due out at the beginning of May - so keep your eyes out!
But making the samples reminded me of some samples I made before for some House Mouse decoupage, which I thought I would show you.
This lovely image of the two mice caught up in a ball of wool just cried out for a 'wooly' embellishment, so I set out to make a couple of 'knitting needles' using two cocktail sticks, cut down to size, and stuck a pink bead to the top of each.  The sticks may need to be sanded slightly at the top to let the bead slide on easily.  I then rolled a length of wool into a ball and, when happy with the size, run a length of glue up the ball to hold the end in place and also to stop the ball unwinding.  Then just push the two needles in at an angle and you have your perfect embellishment!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment