Monday 23 September 2013

It's Been A Busy Summer!

Phew - what a summer!  It's been amazingly glorious of course, but also extremely busy both at work and at home and this is the first time I have had chance to blog for ages!

I just thought I would show one of the cards I designed for Joanna Sheen a while ago using one of the Grufflies stamp sets - 'Bearytastic Day'.

I wanted to show how a card can be made just using the small images which come on these stamp sets.  I randomly stamped the paper cases and chocolate image on white paper and coloured them in using Promarkers.  I cut the paper down to size to layer on top of a square card blank and brown card, colouring the edges of the paper with Antique Linen Distress Ink before sticking it down.
For the main image, I used the smaller images of the used coffee cups, which I stamped to the side of a computer generated sentiment and coloured again using the Promarkers.  I then cut the image down to size using Martha Stewarts Punch Around The Page punches along the bottom edge and top two corners.  I stuck a piece of striped coffee and cream ribbon towards the bottom edge and layered it onto another piece of brown card.
I stuck this onto the main card using foam pads, with a small doily placed to the top left hand corner.
I finished the card using paper flowers I coloured with my Promarkers and stuck pearls to the centre.
The colour combination for this card would go lovely with the blog giveaway by The Ribbon Girls  - use this link to visit their shop and see the amazing goodies they have on offer.

I am entering this card into the following challenge:

Joanna Sheen - Coffee and Cream

1 comment:

  1. Awww this is so pretty! Thanks for playing at Joanna Sheen! xxx

    ReplyDelete