Wednesday 14 November 2012

Doggy Christmas Card

Hi
Just wanted to show you a Christmas card I have just made with a cute dog decoupage which was a bargain at the NEC.  Each sheet of decoupage has about three images on them and they were just £1 - amazing value!


For this card I layered some silver mirri onto an 8x8 white card blank, and layered onto that another square of white card, leaving a thin silver border.  I cut another silver square approx 1/4" smaller and again layered that with more white card.  I repeated this again for the final layer, only using a snowy background paper this time on top. 
On the largest white square layer I used my Teal Sky Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue to form pearls around the edge.  On the middle layer, I pierced a small hole at regular intervals, using the Tim Holtz ruler.
I cut out a bauble shape with a Spellbinders die and embossed it with the Cuttlebug snowy folder and edged it with blue glitter glue.
I decoupaged the little dog and added a Christmas message with peel offs and attached him to the bauble which had been stuck onto the card using silicone glue.
Finally I cut a branch from silver card and attached it to the top.
Thanks for looking and I hope you like it

No comments:

Post a Comment