Monday 12 November 2012

The First of Many

I have been meaning to set up a blog for more than I can remember.  I spend a lot of time looking at other peoples for ideas and interesting tit bits and have always thought 'I would like to have a go at that', so here goes....

Please bear with me while I get it up and running, tweaking how I would like it to look etc and generally learning what I am meant to be doing!  Hopefully it will all start to take shape slowly.

Just as a bit of an experiment, and to start things off, I thought I would show you a card I made for the Royal Wedding, which was lucky enough to win first prize in the Crafters Companion competition.  I know, the wedding was sooo last year but hey, I've got to start somewhere!


It was made using my trusted Cricut as an easel card.  The instructions for the competition entry was to use an image from Crafters Compantion, so I used the Swalk 'I Do' rubber stamp and made the middle, with the image into a shaker box with small blue heart confetti pieces in the shaker box.  I suddenly hit on the idea to use a large blue gem and surround it with small clear gems to represent Kate's engagement ring.


This is all a bit basic, I know, and I do apologise for my lack of experience in the blog world, but I promise things will improve!  More cards will follow with better write ups, which I hope you will enjoy, but in the meantime, thank you for looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment