Friday 29 May 2020

Frozen!

It seemed a bit strange making a card which is all about snow and ice, when it's so hot and sunny outside, but my little granddaughter, who was 3 yesterday, loves the characters from the film, so that had to be the theme for her birthday card.

I wanted something she could interact with, so the front had one of the Tonic number 3 shakers and I made a pull tab which moved some of the characters (Anna, Kristoff and Sven - see, I do know their names! 😂) towards where she is standing with Olaf. 

The inside was probably the most challenging and a real labour of love. I searched the internet for templates of Elsa's castle, but with little luck as none were really meant, or sized for cards. So I found one picture, printed it several times, using each one to cut out different sections to make templates, then I cut each one from either white or blue glitter card or acetate which I had coloured blue. I then layered them up using various sizes of pop up tabs so the castle would pop out when the card was opened in different depth and layers.
All the backing paper's were from the internet (what would we do without it!) which I sprayed with the Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle iridescent glitter spray. The character's are the Disney dies from Crafting.co.uk.
I was really pleased with the final effect and, although I couldn't be there due to the lockdown to see her reaction, I am told by her mummy and daddy that she was delighted with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment