Thursday 7 May 2020

Lockdown Lodge

I hope you are all keeping safe and well in these crazy times.
One of the benefits for us crafters is the enforced lockdown is giving us plenty of time to be creative. I am very lucky to be on the design team for Tattered Lace, and that keeps me fairly busy but, having a quiet interval from that, and having caught up on some of the cards I needed for friends and family, I suddenly found myself in the rare position of just being able to play.
I have recently found the Lawn Fawn stamps and dies (I know, where have I been!) and am now completely hooked and my collection is growing well.
Looking at the Lawn Fawn blog this week, I saw their new challenge was to make anything but a card and, as I have just received their scalloped treat box die, with some of the add-ons, I knew this would give me a great opportunity to try them out!



I came up with a fun way of having a little gift box to brighten somebodies day during the lockdown and to show them you are thinking of them. I called it 'Lockdown Lodge' and the little door is nailed shut to show that we cannot go out as we used to. The little girl at the window is wearing a face mask, but everything outside the house is normal, with flowers blooming and birds singing.








The back of the house has a (very large!) ginger cat, again perfectly able to wander around outside as normal, while the shutters are shut on the window, symbolizing us not being able to join him.

This side of the house shows a little boy looking out of the window, again wearing a face mask with flowers blooming below his window. 












The other side is similar, but having a little dog looking out the window, probably looking forward to the one walk a day he is allowed!













You could fill the box with sweets, tea bags, anything you think the recipient would enjoy, but I have put two reusable face masks in mine, to be used when we can venture outside.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I just love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally adorable! Cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha!!! lockdown lodge!!!! that's so funny!! and the house you created is perfect!!!! i love the details all around it!! adorable!! and so creative! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Samantha, it was my first time at joining the challenge but it definitely won't be my last x

    ReplyDelete