Monday 11 March 2013

A Vintage Birthday

I wanted to have a go at making a vintage looking birthday card for one of my husbands colleagues, as I've not really made one before, and I must admit, I was quite pleased with the way it turned out.


 I used the Magnolia Birthday Tilda stamp for the main image and coloured her in using Promarkers.  I then cut her out using the Spellbinders Nestabilities Floral Oval die.





The backing papers are from the Prima Botanical Collection papers.  The lace edging was in my stash and I threaded a length of what was thin white ribbon, but coloured it to match with Promarkers, through the holes in the lace.




The flowers are from Celebrate It and are from the Occasions fabric flowers collection.  I used Kort & Godt green pearls for the centres.  The swirl is cut using the Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork die.

I have entered this card into the following challenges:

Joanna Sheen - Mums the Word
Time for Magnolia - Happy Birthday

While on the subject of challenges, pop over to the Ribbons Girls blogspot and have a go at their flower giveaway, it's for a beautiful collection of flowers - good luck!




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love this stamp.
    Thanks for joining us at TFMC
    Good luck,
    greets,
    Neline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. Fab colouring and colour choice.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete