Tuesday 5 March 2013

Happy Anniversary

Making the wedding card in my previous post reminded me that it will be mine and my wonderful husband's 13th wedding anniversary soon, so I also made this card.



I wanted to use the lovely 'Together Forever' stamp from LOTV, which I hadn't had chance to play with yet.  I stamped the image twice and cut one out using a Spellbinders Labels 20 die, inking the edges with Weathered Wood Distress Inks.  I coloured both images identically with a mixture of my Promarkers, Flexmarkers and Spectrum Noir's (you see, I knew I needed all those pens!)





I glued a length of Bakers Twine over the swing ropes on the base image and then cut out the second image and stuck that over the top with pinflair glue.
I cut out a branch using my Sizzix 'Branches and Birds' strip die and glued it to the top of the twine to look like the swing is hanging from the branch.

The base card was layered in brown and green card and then some green backing paper I had in my stash (free from a magazine, I think).  I then made another panel with brown and green card and layered this with paper from the Trimcraft Helz Cuppleditch Neighbourwood paper pack.


Towards the bottom of this panel I attached a length of green organza ribbon and stuck the 'Forever Together' sentiment,which has also been cut out with a Label 20 die and edged in Distress Ink.

I added some small butterflies cut from lemon card with the Marianne Topirary and Butterfly die and added some small green gems to the bodies.

I have also entered the card into the following challenge:

The Ribbon Girls - Add ribbon or twine

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl March Card challenge to add ribbon or twine, best of luck, Mary x

    ReplyDelete