Tuesday 19 March 2013

Underwater Birthday

For a long time now I have been meaning to try out the effect of using hair gel in a sealed plastic bag to give a squidgy, touchy feely effect to a card, and I thought this idea went well with an underwater theme. 
 So I gave it a go using the lovely Swimming Tilda stamp.  I coloured her in with my Promarkers and added a couple of 'seaweed' branches cut from green card with the Magnolia Leaf and Swirl die.
I put a small amount of gel in a bag (which I checked had no holes!!) and attached it to the underside of the frame I had made using the Spellbinders dies.  This was layered on top of an 8x8 card and embellished with the lovely Ahoy Tilda and Pair of Lighthouses Stamps from Magnolia.
I was really pleased with the result and have entered the card into the following challenges:

Tildas Town - Anything Goes
Bearly-Mine Challenges - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing Jill! Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous creation with us at Tilda's Town this week! Good luck and I hope to see you back next time for our new challenge!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Jill! So cute and such a sweet scene! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town Challenges! Thanks for playing and thanks for mentioning Tilda's Town... your line isn't linky though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Jill. Thank you for sharing with us at Tilda's Town.
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby card and love the use of the jel.. brilliant :) Thank you for sharing with us at Bearly Mine Challenges this time. Jackie.DT.

    ReplyDelete