Sunday 17 March 2013

Bath Time

I have made this card today for my sons girlfriends birthday.  She's a great fan of the colour green and relaxing in a nice bath full of bubbles!



I used an 8x8 scalloped edge card blank because they added to the impression of bubbles, but the background papers I wanted to use came from a 6x6 pad from First Edition.  So I cut both papers into quarters and attached the first four into each corner of the green base layer.  The other quarters were attached each end to a strip of green card and attached in a cross shape to the first layer.


 The 'hole' in the middle was covered by the stamped image of Tilda with Bath Cap and Bath Tub.  I cut a frame from green card and randomly dotted 'pearls' around the edge with Cosmic Shimmer Cosmic Pearl PVA.  The image was coloured with promarkers and Spectrum Noir and the additional bathtime buttons are from Craft Time.

I have entered this card into the following challenges:

The Ribbon Girls - Green and White
Tilda's Town - Anything Goes
Joanna Sheen - Mums the Word
The Crafter's Cafe - Green and/or St Patrick's Day

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jill. I love the cute image, beautiful colours and fabulous layout. The Cosmic Shimmer dots around the frame look so effective

    Thank you for taking part in the Joanna Sheen Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card and thank you for the great tip Nearly all my cards these days are 8x8 and some of my prettiest papers are only 6x6 so it will come in really handy me thinks xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi just pooped by from Joanna blog to say what a lovely card and image you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill~This is adorable & I love the embellies you added. Love the coloring as well. Thanks for joining us for challenge #14 at The Crafter’s Cafe Challenge Blog. See you again soon! Hugs~Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, precious image, thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card love the coloring en the embellisments thanks for joining us at the crafters cafe challenge blog hugs diana

    ReplyDelete